Workout of the Day
WOD - 2/27/15 CrossFit Open Workout 15.1, Schedule, and Tips
CrossFit Open 15.1 (http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/the-open)
On a 15 minute timer:
AMRAP in 9 minutes of:
10 Deadlifts (115/75lbs)
5 Snatches (115/75lbs)
-then, at 9 minutes-
6 minutes to Establish a:
*The 9 minute AMRAP and Ground-to-Overhead are scored as 2 separate events.
SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
- The gym will open at 2:30 tonight. Some of the performance group will be doing the workout before 4pm if anyone wishes to join then, or come out early and watch.
- We will be running heats for the workout every 20 minutes starting at 4:10. So if you are coming out for the 4-5pm time slot, please try and be a bit early.
- We are aiming to be finished by 7pm but may run a little bit over depending on how quickly we can get through all of the heats.
- Every athlete performing this workout will have a judge keeping score and checking their range of motion while they go.
- Come ready to cheer everyone else on, this is going to be a lot of fun!
TIPS FOR THE WORKOUT
- Some of the coaches performed the workout last night after it was announced and here are our tips for performing it:
1. Do not go to failure on the Toes-to-Bar early. You should be holding steady splits for your rounds up until minutes 6-7. Then start to push the pace with whatever you have left.
2. As soon as you finish the first 9 minutes, start to load your bar for the first clean & jerk even while you’re tired. This gives you a chance to recover without wasting time.
3. If you have a solid hook grip, hook grip for both the deadlifts and the snatches.
4. Break up your toes-to-bar early, if you can only do 4 or 5 max, do sets of 2 from the start.